Sunday, January 24, 2010

In 3's

So I guess next I'll talk a bit about the 3v3 composition I run with during the active season (since it's down until tuesday) which I've received some questions about seeing as it isn't very common seeing a Feral above 2200 rating, let alone in arena.  I run a somewhat common 3's set up for a feral; Feral/Rogue/Discipline Priest which I find is HUGE fun if you have competent partners who are all for learning and being productive.

This is a great comp because of the tremendous potential it has for consistent pressure, synchronization of crowd control, priest dispells, innervate (for priest), and coordinated, huge burst when you need it most.  A simple instant cyclone or blind on a healer can be game making.
Some general basics about this composition:
- When the opposing team's healer's trinket (and possibly bubble if a Paladin) is on cool-down make sure you (the Feral Druid) and your Rogue have your offensive cool-downs ready, because you are both going to try to blow through an isolated target when he's vulnerable in 5-8 seconds.
- Talk to your Rogue!  This cannot be stressed enough, you and your Rogue team mate should be communicating through something like Ventrilo (real time communication), because your synchronization between you and your Rogue is what it comes down to every game.  Just like in 2v2 Rogue/Feral, you both have a lot of potential together if you're just used to each other's play style and know what to do to get the job done.
- Know where your team is at all times, and know what they're doing or about to do if it's game making or breaking.  Again, communication is key.
- Have strategies for every composition you face, if you don't already have one for a team you're up against that's fine, just go for it and learn from losing what your team should do better next time around. 

vs.  Death Knight/Warrior/Healer
Say you go up against a strong melee cleave team (DK/Warrior/Paladin in this case), you have enough pressure to really lock down a target, especially a Warrior in a DK/Warrior/Paladin team, forcing him into defensive stance sword and board.  The warrior can't bladestorm because of the pressure you're unloading on him, but most of the time they're stupid enough to go into battle stance, equip their two-hander and do it anyway, which is always a mistake since they usually do it when they're at about 60% health, dropping defensive stance and their shield is enough for them to lose the game, your damage output should prevail.  If not, get more gear.  Really if you just train the Warrior and properly time some instant cyclones on the DK (if he's on your priest or doing too much damage) and Paladin you can have the game fairly easily.  It gets a little trickier once you start facing the better teams, but I think that's strategy we're used to for the most part.


That's one strategy to start this blog off with, maybe I'll go into vs. Mage/Rogue/Priest later since that seems very difficult to face, but in reality is not so challenging.

Any questions you have let me know and I'll be glad to answer them in another post.




I think I'll start posting more about feral in general, and other things to open this up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment